Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New rubber

As part of Stampin' Up's recent consistency counts promotion, I was fortunate enough to earn a free stamp set. I have spent the past couple of months agonizing over which set to get, and finally the other day I decided on Lovely as a Tree. It is a stamp set that didn't really appeal to me when I first saw it, but over recent weeks I have seen some lovely cards made with it and recognised its potential for making masculine cards and even christmas cards. It arrived last week and within hours of it arriving, I whipped up this card.


The tree stamped absolutely beautifully as it has very fine lines so is quite delicate when stamped. I coloured it in very easily with my watercolour crayons and an aqua painter. I wanted a natural look for the card, so I made a sheet of faux woodgrain to put behind the image.

Our team leader Jayne Mercer showed us the faux woodgrain technique at our recent Inklings weekend away. It is very easy to do, once you know how, and can be adapted to all sorts of colours.

If you would like to learn how to make a card like the one above, or how to do the faux woodgrain technique, why not get a group of friends together and I can come around and show you how easy it is.

Til next time...

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamps: lovely as a tree
Ink: black stazon, close to cocoa, more mustard, creamy caramel, whisper white
Card: very vanilla, more mustard, close to cocoa, chocolate chip
Accessories: chocolate chip marker, earth elements watercolour crayons, aqua painter, stampin' dimensionals

No comments: