Monday, September 14, 2009

A sweet cupcake

Jess had a sixth birthday party for two of her friends at Five Dock yesterday. She said I could make the cards if she got to pick what I made them with, so we had a look through my stamps and dsp on Saturday.

Early on Saturday morning I got up and made two of these cards. They were both the same, I took the colours from the dsp and just alternated the cardstock, with one girl getting a pink base and the other getting an orange one. I stamped the image in stazon and then coloured it in with my markers and a blender pen. I used a versamark pen and heat and stick powder to put dazzling diamonds all over the frosting on the cake. I also added crystal effects to the flame on the candle.

I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white card and punched it out with the large oval punch, then punched out a chocolate chip scallop oval and layered it underneath the sentiment. I just love the large oval and scallop oval punch together, and a surprising number of stamps fit into the large oval punch.

For the inside, I stamped some balloons on whisper white card with stazon and Jess coloured them in and wrote her message to the girls.

It was a pretty quick card to put together, and definately got a "wow - you made this" from the Mums of the two girls.

If you would like to make some amazing cards like this, email me and I can show you how.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink: Black stazon, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette
Card & dsp: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Sweet Always dsp
Accessories: Crystal effects, heat & stick powder, versamark pen, stampin' dimensionals, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, scallop edge punch

No comments: