Thursday, September 24, 2009

Flight of the butterfly #2

Hi all. Time for another flight of the butterfly card as promised. This was the first card I did for Sam's friend, but once it was finished I wasn't sure if the colours were right for a 4 year old, so I ended up doing the one in my last post. Jess has a friend who is having a birthday in October, so I thought we could give this one to her - which also means one less thing for me to have to do in the next couple of weeks.
For this card I started off by choosing the raspberry tart dsp and then used colours from the paper for the card. The base card is cameo coral. I placed a block of the raspberry tart dsp along the bottom of the card and then covered the join with a strip of real red card, which I paper pierced along both sides. I then added some old olive ribbon.

I stamped the butterflies in cameo coral, and used real red to place the flowers over the bottom one, with the help of my stamp-a-majig. I then stamped the small butterfly on a scrap of paper and cut it out, then mounted it over the large butterfly with some stampin' dimensionals to lift the wings up. Lastly, I added the sentiment, again with the help of my stamp-a-majig.
For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of white card and then stamped the outline butterfly randomly over it in cameo coral ink. I then stamped the happy birthday sentiment in real red ink.

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used to make this card, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamps: Flight of the butterfly, it's your birthday

Ink: Cameo coral, real red

Card: Cameo coral, real red, whisper white

DSP: Raspberry tart

Accessories: old olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments: