Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hi all, we are having a bit of a run on birthdays this week. The card I have to show you today is one I made for David's Auntie's 60th birthday.I knew I wanted to use the Eastern Blooms stamp set, but wasn't sure what colour scheme to use. An easy way to decide on a colour scheme is to look at the colours used in our designer series paper sets. I had a look through my papers and decided on this paper out of the Washington Apple dsp.

I started off by making a card base out of so saffron card, which I stamped with the En Francais background stamp with so saffron ink. I inked the flower image with my so saffron and pumpkin pie markers, which allowed me to make the image multi coloured. It looked nice but I thought it needed something extra to make it a bit more special. I remembered I had a pack of flower fusion felt flowers that hadn't been opened yet, so I used a few pumpkin pie felt flowers, which I adhered with white brads.
Next I stamped the happy birthday sentiment from the Think Happy Thoughts stamp set with pumpkin pie ink. I punched it out with the 1 1/4" punch. I like to personalise my cards a little, so I used an old number set I have had sitting in my drawer and stamped 60 with riding hood red ink. I then cut it out and mounted it with stampin dimensionals. I also punched out a 1 3/8" circle from so saffron card and the scallop circle from pumpkin pie card and layered them all together.

This card is all about the layering, so I mounted the main stamped image and the dsp onto pumpkin pie card before attaching them to the card front with stampin dimensionals. A piece of riding hood red ribbon was used to finish the card off.

I like to do an insert for the inside of my cards, the one I made for this one is really simple. I just cut a piece of white card to fit the inside, then stamped Happy Birthday (from the retired It's Your Birthday stamp set). I inked the three flowers from the Eastern Blooms set with pumpkin pie ink and then blended it with a little riding hood red with a sponge dauber and stamped them onto a scrap of whisper white card. I attached them to the bottom right hand side with stampin dimensionals.

I hope you like it.

Sam and I are off to a 4th birthday party this morning, so I will have that card to show you next time.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamp sets: En Francais, Eastern Blooms, Think Happy Thoughts, It's Your Birthday (retired), unknown number set
Ink: Pumpkin pie, so saffron, riding hood red
Card: So saffron, pumpkin pie, whisper white
DSP: Washington Apple
Accessories: Flower fusion, 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, stampin dimensionals, sponge dauber, scissors, markers, white brads

1 comment:

Kylie S said...

Love it Nicky. A great card to CASE.