Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flight of the Butterfly #1

Good morning. Another birthday card today - this one for one of Sam's friends at daycare. She had her party at a park in Stanmore on Sunday and you couldn't have asked for a better day.

For this card I used the flight of the butterfly stamp set which one of my good friends Sandra purchased and has kindly been letting me "borrow" for a couple of weeks.
I used pink pirouette, certainly celery and whisper white for the colour scheme. I started off by make a card base from the pink pirouette card. I stamped the outline butterfly randomly over it with the pink pirouette ink.

To make the butterflies I inked the solid stamp with pink pirouette ink and then stamped off once (where you stamp onto a scrap piece of paper before stamping onto your original - so you end up with a lighter version of the original colour), then I stamped the spots and flowers over the top in "full strength" pink pirouette with the help of my stamp-a-majig. I cut the butterflies out and mounted them with stampin dimensionals. Here is a close up of the butterfly.



I used the happy birthday sentiment from the Think Happy Thoughts set and my circle punches for the greeting on the right hand side.

For the inside of the card I stamped the happy birthday sentiment from the retired pretty princess stamp set and then stamped the butterflies randomly over the page. I mounted one of the solid butterflies in the bottom right corner to finish off the inside.


Unfortunately the pictures are a little washed out as it was such a sunny day when I was taking the photos.

I have another flight of the butterfly card to show you next time.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Think Happy Thoughts, Pretty Princess(R)

Ink: Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery

Card: Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Whisper White

Accessories: Punches: 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle, scallop circle; stampin dimensionals

No comments: