Friday, October 2, 2009

Whimsical butterfly

I seem to have been making a lot of butterfly cards lately. I'm not sure about this one, what do you think...

This card came about because I wanted to make a girly card and have a play with my polka dot background stamp. I thought I would try and make some of my own dsp by using markers to individually colour each spot on the stamp. It took a while, but I eventually got there. I used pretty in pink, lavender lace and apricot appeal.

I coloured in the large butterfly from garden whimsy with my markers, and used a sponge dauber to blend the colours together a little. I cut the butterfly out and used stampin' dimensionals to lift it off the base card. To finish the card I just layered all the pieces together, finally placing the diamond up on stampin' dimensionals also.

I'm not sure what it is about the card that I'm not happy with, maybe it needs some ribbon, or I should have used different colours. Let me know what you think, by leaving a comment below.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky


Supplies:

Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Ink: Pretty in pink, lavender lace, apricot appeal
Card: Whisper white, pretty in pink, lavender lace
Accessories: Stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like it Nicky! Great idea of colouring the spots individually - I've not thought of that for Polka Dot, even though I have tried it with the Baroque. Yes, time consuming but worth it :)

If you're not sure about it, perhaps try adding a ribbon band under the square-en-pointe, or a sentiment stamped on nested squares, also en-pointe? It is elegantly simple on it's own though

xx michelle