Sunday, October 18, 2009

My baby boy is 4

Well it has been a long time between posts. We have had school holidays for the past two weeks and with being away and having the kids around, unfortunately blogging has taken a back seat. I have still managed to fit in lots of card making though, so I have a lot to share over the next few weeks.

My baby boy Sam turned 4 years old yesterday, it doesn't seem that long ago since he was a baby. We have had 5 days of birthday celebrations for him with various friends and family members, so he has been pretty spoiled. He asked me to make him a construction cake for daycare on Wednesday, and this is the cake I made him.It has some matchbox construction vehicles and a whole lot of crunchie rubble all over it, with tiny teddy biscuits scattered around as workers. Everyone at daycare loved it - except the poor teachers who had to clean up the mess after the kids had eaten it!

Sam has been monster truck mad for a while now, so I decided to try and make him a monster truck birthday card. This is what I came up with ...

I used the ute from loads of love and coloured it the same as one of his favourite trucks, Sudden Impact. I used the wheels from the truck in my by land stamp set and then added some extra bars down to them and on the tray of the ute. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with my new star punch.

I decorated the inside like this...


He was so excited that I had made him a monster truck card, and I was very excited when he actually recognised that it was supposed to be Sudden Impact! Obviously my drawing skills aren't as bad as I thought they were!

I have a birthday card for one of Jess' friends to share with you next time, but until then...

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamps: Loads of love, by land (r), it's your birthday(r)

Ink: Black stazon, yoyo yellow, only orange, real red, basic gray

Card: Brilliant blue, only orange, whisper white

Accessories: Large star punch, stampin' dimensionals, blender pen, cuttlebug texture folder

No comments: