Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Kylie

My very good friend Kylie had her birthday last Friday, and this is the card I made for her. When I asked her what she liked, she said anything pink with plenty of bling! I chose the sweet always dsp (my all-time favourite paper pack) and based the colour scheme of regal rose and pumpkin pie on that.

I had just received the new level 2 hostess stamp set, Asian Artistry in the mail, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to have a play with it. I think it is a fabulous stamp set, with some very versatile images, that could be used for a number of different occassions.


I started the card by stamping the image with stazon and then colouring with my blender pen and the pink pirouette, regal rose and pumpkin pie inkpads. I coloured the leaves with kiwi kiss. It looked nice, but a little flat for my liking, so I decided to stamp it again and use dimensionals to paper piece the large flower.

As the image was more oval than round, I used my oval nestabilities to cut out the image and the mats. I used two different pieces of the sweet always paper, one of which I used the eyelet border punch on, to give it a nice finish. I covered the join in the papers with a piece of pumpkin pie ribbon and added three pearls from the pretties kit in the top left hand corner.

On the inside I stamped a couple of sentiments from the retired It's Your Birthday stamp set and then placed another strip of dsp along the bottom, which I matted with more regal rose card.

Once the card was finished, I decided there wasn't enough bling on it, and what better way to add bling than to add some dazzling diamonds over the top of all the flowers. I did this by applying some tombow glue and just sprinkling the dazzling diamonds over the top. I just love the tombow glue, once you put it on, nothing comes off it. Here is a close up of the flowers.

I was very pleased with the end result, a nice girly card with plenty of bling!

If you would like to have this fabulous stamp set in your collection, all you need to do is host a workshop in your own home, or have a catalogue party and it could be yours.

Til next time.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Asian Artistry, It's Your Birthday
Ink: Stazon, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss
Card: Confetti White, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie
DSP: Sweet Always
Other: Stampin' dimensionals, eyelet border punch, oval and scallop oval nestabilities, pumpkin pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, dazzling diamonds, tombow multi liquid glue, pearls from pretties kit.

No comments: