Friday, April 16, 2010

Congratulations

A very special couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago, and this is the card I made for them.

I wanted an elegant colour palette and while flicking through my card sample box I came across a card that I had received from Carol Dunstan, which was just the colours I was looking for. She had used champagne glasses on her card and I thought they were perfect. I changed the card around a bit to make it my own, and this is what it ended up looking like. I started off with the going gray card base and stamped En Francais all over it with versamark ink. I stamped the congratulations sentiment in basic gray ink, cut it out and then used my slit punch to make the rounded pieces on the four corners. I mounted it onto a piece of basic gray cardstock and then placed some pearls in each corner.

The strip of paper comes from the bella bleu dsp. which I also mounted onto basic gray card. I stamped the champagne glasses in stazon ink, coloured the champagne with my barely banana marker and then placed two way glue on top and sprinkled dazzling diamonds over it. I then used the 1 1/4" circle punch to punch it out, did a 1 3/8" circle out of basic gray and mounted them both together.

I tied a piece of whisper white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around the block and did one of Teneale's special bows with taffeta ribbon, finishing it off with a button from the button latte pack.

Here is a close up of the champagne glasses and bow.

I stamped "Happy Anniversary" on the inside as well. I was really pleased with the card, and I am sure Noni and John loved it too.

Til next time.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamp Set: Cheers to you, cheer and wishes, En Francais
Ink: Black stazon, basic gray, barely banana
Card: Basic gray, going gray, whisper white
DSP: Bella bleu
Accessories: 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, white taffeta ribbon, button latte button, slit punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, pearls, two way glue, dazzling diamonds, stampin' dimensionals

No comments: