Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun & Fast Notes Stamp A Stack

I can't believe it has been almost a week since my last post. School went back on Tuesday this week and I have found it very difficult to get back into the "swing" of things. We spent a lot of time sleeping late and just cruising the past two weeks, so trying to get out the door has been somewhat of a challenge all week.

I have the stamp-a-stack cards for my classes this month to share with you. I decided to use the Fun & Fast Notes stamp set. It is one that I like but I haven't used a great deal. I think what appeals to me most about this set is that there are eight different stamps in the set and they cover a wide range of different occasions (well and the fact that you can colour them in!).

I decided to make my cards all 4" by 4" so the stamped image takes up a lot of the front of the card. I wanted to use a colour scheme that went with all the greetings, so decided on the Holiday Treasures dsp, which uses chocolate chip, baja breeze, kiwi kiss and riding hood red.

I started off by making the card bases and then cut a strip of dsp, which I mounted on chocolate chip card. I stamped the image in stazon onto whisper white card and coloured with my blender pens and ink pads. I then rounded the corners, used the slit punch to punch the semi-circle from the right hand side, tied ribbon around and then mounted it all onto more chocolate chip card. I mounted the stamped panel onto the card with dimensionals.

Here are the baja breeze cards:

the confetti white:

the kiwi kiss:

and finally, the riding hood red.


I was really pleased with how they turned out, and think I might make a box to put them in and give them away as a gift.

I'm off to finish off a special birthday card, which I will be able to share with you soon.

Til next time...

Keep on creating

xx Nicky

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Fun & Fast Notes
Ink: Black Stazon, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Card: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Confetti White
DSP: Holiday Treasures
Accessories: Corner rounder and slit punch, riding hood red taffeta ribbon, kiwi kiss and baja breeze 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon, whisper white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, blender pens

No comments: