Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cheers to you

This is the card I made for my brother-in-law's 40th birthday this week. It was a no-brainer as to what stamp set to use - Mark loves beer - well most males do!

I had a quick flick though my papers looking for something that had a yellow/cream in it about the colour of beer and came up with this one from the windsor knot paper pack.

I used chocolate chip for the card base (I am going to challenge myself not to use chocolate chip on my next card, as I seem to use it on just about every card I make!).

I put the paper on the base and then did a strip of sage shadow with chocolate chip on top. I ran a piece of vanilla taffeta ribbon around the block and placed one of the large cream grommets over the top of the ribbon and tied in a knot in the centre of it. I stamped 8 of the beer mugs onto some whisper white card and coloured them in with my blender pens and so saffron and more mustard ink. I then cut them all out and mounted 7 of them onto the block with some dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment (using my stamp-a-ma-jig) in chocolate chip ink, stamped it out with the large oval punch and then cut it off just under the sentiment, before adhering it to the card front.

Here is a close up of the beer mugs.
I finished off the inside of the card too. I was doing this a lot last year, but I guess have just been a bit lazy lately, so haven't been doing it so much.

This is the inside. I just stamped "happy 40th birthday" across the middle, with my stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement, did a strip of card and dsp along the bottom and adhered the last beer mug with a dimensional.

I hope Mark likes it.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:


Stamp Sets: Cheers to You, It's your birthday(R), unknown numerical
Ink: Black stazon, more mustard, so saffron
Card: Whisper white, chocolate Chip, sage shadow
DSP: Windsor knot
Accessories: Vanilla large grommit(R), vanilla taffeta ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, blender pens, large oval punch, stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments: