Sunday, March 7, 2010

Animal Stories

One of my good friends ordered the Animal Stories stamp set out of the Summer Mini Catalogue and was kind enough to lend it to me to have a "play" with. It is a great set if you have children to make cards for. I think it is especially well suited for boys cards.

This is the card I came up with.
I wanted to use the designer series paper that goes with this stamp set, Tall Tales, and after picking the patterns I wanted to use, I chose some cardstock that complemented the papers. It is a very simple card, but I was very happy with how it turned out..

I used the chocolate chip 1" double stitched grosgrain ribbon to cover the join in the two patterned papers and then mounted the papers onto some chocolate chip card, before placing on a so saffron card base. I punched out a so saffron scallop circle and cut a 1 1/2" circle out of whisper white card with my circle scissor plus. I stamped the elephant in chocolate chip ink on a scrap piece of card, cut it out and mounted it on the card with dimensionals.

It looked a little plain, so I stamped the "wish big" sentiment from the Short & Sweet stamp set and punched it out with the word window punch, and my card was done.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamp set: Animal Stories
Card: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Tall Tales
Ink: Chocolate chip
Other: Scallop circle and word window punches, circle scissor plus, chocolate chip 1" double stitched grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

love this card Nicky I am into simple - but this is simple and stunning! hope you dont mind if I CASE it
im another of Kim's downline nice to meet you - and have a new blog:
www.carolyncampbell-mclean@blogspot.com
cheers
Carolyn