Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday

Wow – I did come back as promised.

Today I have the birthday version of the card I showed you in my last post.

The card layout and colour scheme is the same as the previous post, the only things I changed were the width of the strip of dsp across the middle, the sentiment at the top and bottom and the image in the centre of the card.

For this card I used the Happy Moments stamp set, which is one of the FREE sale-a-bration stamp sets this year. While I love all the sale-a- bration stamp sets, this one has to be my favourite. It has four images and three sentiments, with three of the images being perfect for colouring in – which I am really enjoying at the moment.

I stamped the image in black stazon ink and then coloured it with my blender pen and ink pads. I really like the effect you get when you use a blender pen to colour in as it provides a far softer colour and I find it is really easy to control where the colour goes.

If you would like to own this set (or any of the other Sale-A-Bration sets) all you have to do is purchase $100 of product from me before the end of March, and you are able to pick one of the exclusive stamp sets for FREE.

Til next time.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:
Stamp set: A happy heart
Card: Close to cocoa, riding hood red, very vanilla
Designer Series Paper: Candy Lane
Ink: Black stazon, riding hood red, close to cocoa, pink pirouette, pumpkin pie
Other: Dimensionals, mat pack and paper piercer

No comments: