Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I know Valentine's Day was a couple of weeks ago, but better late than never ... this is the card I have been doing in workshops this month. I made two versions, a valentine’s day one and a birthday one.



I started by picking the dsp that I wanted to use, what better paper for Valentine's Day than Candy Lane with it’s beautiful colour scheme of riding hood red, pink pirouette and close to cocoa. The card itself came together quite quickly after that. I cut the blocks for the background and made a mat for everything with close to cocoa card. I stamped the “happy valentine’s day” and “I {heart} you” at the top and bottom of the card, and then used my mat pack and paper piercer to make a row of holes along the top and bottom.

I stamped the large heart with riding hood red onto a scrap of card and then cut it out and mounted it on the card with dimensionals. Lastly I decided that the sentiment at the bottom needed something a little extra, so I restamped the image on a scrap of card with riding hood red and punched the circle out and mounted it on dimensionals too.

I hope you like this card, and I will have the birthday version to show you in a couple of days.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky


Supplies:
Stamp set: A happy heart
Card: Close to cocoa, riding hood red, very vanilla
Designer Series Paper: Candy Lane
Ink: Riding hood red, close to cocoa
Other: Dimensionals, mat pack and paper piercer, ½” circle punch

No comments: