Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easel card

I have seen a lot of easel cards on blogs lately and wanted to give one a go myself. I thought they may have been quite fiddly to make, but boy was I wrong. It only took me about 20 minutes to make this card.





I used the raspberry tart designer series paper and my favourite stamp set at the moment, Happy Moments, which is a set you can earn for FREE during sale-a-bration.

I stamped the flowers onto a piece of whisper white card and then stamped them again on a scrap, coloured them in with my blender pens and inkpads and cut them out and mounted them on dimensionals. I cut the circles out with my circle scissor plus and then used one of my nestabilities to make the scallop circle around the outside.

Once I had made the main part of the card I set about making the base to place it on. This is what it looks like when it is opened up. I used one of the kiwi kiss corduroy buttons from the spring mini catalogue to hold the card open.

This is a side view of the card.

The beauty of these cards is they look amazing when they are sitting open, but fold down flat to be posted. I think I may have found the card design for my mother's day cards this year.

If you would like to know how to make an easel card, please email me and I will happily share the measurements with you.

Keep on creating

xx Nicky


Supplies:

Stamp set: Happy Moments
Cardstock: Kiwi kiss, whisper white, real red
Designer Series Paper: Raspberry Tart
Ink: Black stazon, cameo coral, kiwi kiss, real red
Other: Circle scissor plus, nestabilities, dimensionals, kiwi kiss corduroy button

1 comment:

Lee said...

This is gorgeous! Love the simplicity of the image, and the DSP suits it perfectly. Your button is awesome as the prop!

Lee x