Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jess' birthday invitations

Wah-hoo I am back - and feeling so much better than the other day, the extreme tiredness seems to have disappeared and I am left with a lingering cough. As promised, I have Jess' birthday goodies to share with you. Having a Build-A-Bear party obviously meant that the invitation had to have a bear on it, so I used the first rubber stamp I ever brought (over 10 years ago) - who knew that this one stamp would create a monster! Jess chose the colour scheme of brown and orange and after looking through my dsp stash I decided to use the retired sweet always papers. I used my favourite new technique on the background. Cutting strips of cardstock, placing them on card and then running them through the big shot with the square lattice embossing folder. I just love the interest and texture it gives to a card ... here is a close up:
I also made goodie bags with the fancy favour big shot die in matching colours.

Here they are side by side, I was extremely happy with the result, what do you think? Finally, a picture of the birthday girl with her brand new Hannah Montana bear, aptly named "Miley".

Have a great day. Keep on creating. xx Nicky

No comments: