Friday, April 8, 2011

Eat Chocolate

I'm not sure what happened to the scheduling of the posts while I was away, but apparently they didn't go through, so I will do the first one manually now.

First though I will update you on our holiday to New Zealand. The kids and I had the best time. The weather was cool and crisp but not as cold as I had anticipated, which was great. I managed to read three books while there and let Nana and Grandad do breakfast so I got to sleep in a little every day. I ate everything I can't get here - bluff oysters, green onion potato chips and yummy cheese rolls. I have come home feeling very relaxed and more than a little homesick.

Now for my post I had scheduled. This card is one I made for a team swap for the new mini catalogue. It uses the fabulous Eat Chocolate stamp set which I knew I had to have as soon as I saw it - as I am a chocoholic.


For the colour scheme I went to the Cadbury colours of espresso, concord crush and white. I used the inlaid embossing technique on the background. It is such a cool technique and adds heaps of texture to the card with little effort. The sentiment was punched out with the new label punch, which I punched twice to make it a little smaller.

I was really pleased with how it turned out - just like I had imagined in my head - which to be quite honest, doesn't happen too often.

I have another Eat Chocolate card to share with you next time.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

No comments: