Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pirate # 1

Sam had to go to a pirate party for one of his friends last week. It must be a popular theme for 5 year old boys from his daycare because when given the choice of cowboy, superhero or pirate for his party which is on Saturday, he chose Pirate. I was overjoyed as I knew I had the ahoy matey stamp set in the cupboard and doing invitations was going to be oh so easy.

This is the card I made for Sam's friend.
I used not quite navy, real red and baja breeze for the colour scheme. I used the matching wheel with versamark on the background and stamped the ship on a scrap piece of card and then coloured it and cut it out. The number 5 was cut out with my big shot alphabet.

Here is a close up of the boat.

Next time I will show you Sam's birthday invitation.

Til then, keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamp Set: Ahoy Matey (retired) with matching wheel (not sure of it's name)
Card: Not quite navy, baja breeze, real red, whisper white
Ink: Stazon, versamark, not quite navy, baja breeze, real red
Punches: Scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle
Big Shot: Timeless type junior alphabet
Other: blender pen, dimensionals

No comments: