Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Christmas Card #3

After my last card didn't turn out anything like I had imagined, this was the total opposite and is exactly what I imagined. It has a card base of bravo burgundy with basic black and very vanilla. I started off by tying a knot in the gorgeous new 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon and then hung the bauble off that with linen thread.
The sentiment at the bottom is from the new christmas greetings stamp set. There are two stamps in the set, the merry christmas and a really lovely saying for the inside of your card as well. Here is a close up of the bauble which I have matted on a cut out of the ornament from the holiday window movers and shapers moveable pieces. As this is a brand new solid stamp, the ink coverage isn't the best at the moment, and that is why it is a little blotchy, but after a bit more use it will stamp perfectly.
I am liking this version a lot and I think it is a front runner in my christmas card selection at the moment, I will have to see what else I can come up with, before I make my final decision.

Next time, I have my latest swap card to share with you.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:


Stamps: delightful decorations, christmas greetings
Card: bravo burgundy, basic black, very vanilla

Ink: bravo burgundy
Big Shot: holiday windows moveable pieces
Other: 1 1/4" black striped grosgrain, linen thread, ornament punch

No comments: