Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I hope all you fathers out there are having a fabulous day.

This card is another case from Amy. As soon as I saw it I knew it would perfect for my Dad's fathers day card.

It uses the lovely as a tree stamp set, which has been inked up using old olive, garden green and chocolate chip markers. I have inked stamps with markers before but had never thought of doing it with this stamp set. I think the result is stunning.


We used baja breeze, bashful blue, certainly celery and old olive to sponge the background. A few buttons along the bottom tied with linen thread, a piece of ribbon and the happy fathers day sentiment and it was finished.

I was really happy with it and hope Dad likes it too.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky


Supplies:
Stamp Sets: lovely as a tree, teeny tiny sentiments
Card: crumb cake (kraft), chocolate chip, garden green, whisper white
Ink: garden green, old olive, certainly celery, bashful blue, baja breeze, chocolate chip
Punch: word window
Other: chocolate chip ribbon, linen thread, sponges, buttons