Saturday, September 18, 2010

Birthday BMX

When I saw the BMX stamp set was retiring, I decided I should probably buy it as we have a lot of little boys to make cards for, and I thought it was a little more "grown up" than the ones I currently have. Boy am I glad I did, as we have had a rush of bike park parties the last couple of weeks.

I made this card for a very special little boy who turned 5 a couple of weeks ago. I started off with a brocade blue base, which I stamped with the sanded background stamp and then randomly stamped "happy birthday" and the number "5" all over it. I cut out a square in chocolate chip, so saffron and pumpkin pie and used the sanded background on them too. I then added brads to the corners and adhered them all to the card front.

I cut out an oval with my big shot and then used my best friend (my stamp-a-ma-jig) to place the bmx in the middle of the oval. I then placed the oval onto some chocolate chip card and cut around it with my scissors to make a mat and adhered it to the card with dimensionals.

Next time I have another christmas card to share with you. It is the make and take I am doing in my workshops this month. If you would like some great ideas for christmas cards, why not get some friends together and have a workshop .. I still have some spaces left.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamps: sanded background, teeny tiny sentiments, bmx (now retired) unknown number
Cardstock: brocade blue, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie, so saffron, whisper white
Ink: brocade blue, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie, so saffron
Big Shot: ovals original die
Other: silver brads, stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals

No comments: