Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Medallion stamp

When I first got the new mini catalogue, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to buy the large medallion stamp, but I have seen some amazing things done with it, so of course I just had to get it! For this card I stamped the medallion in regal rose ink on the white card and then inked up the en francais stamp with a dauber in mellow moss ink, making it darker in patches and very light in others. I then stamped it over the top of the medallion. I used the dauber to put some ink around the edge of the white block. I then mounted it onto mellow moss card, and mounted that onto an always artichoke card base.

I used the vintage vogue flowers and a sentiment from the sincere salutations set for the main panel.
I stamped the background of the main panel with the en francais again (only this time I stamped off the ink twice before stamping on my panel). I cut the flowers out and then adhered them with a brad.

For the block through the centre of the card, I had a go at the "suede" technique. It is an awesome technique and one I am sure I am going to use a lot. You rough the paper up a lot and then peel it apart, using the inside fluffy portion as the "suede" panel. Here is a close up:Well that's it from me today, I will be back in a couple of days to share more.

Til next time, keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamp set: Medallion, en francais, very vintage, sincere salutations
Ink: Mellow moss, always artichoke, regal rose
Card: Always artichoke, mellow moss, whisper white
Other: Silver brad, sponge dauber

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I felt the same about the medallion and haven't purchased it yet. I love what you've done with it here and your colour combo is really lovely too.