Thursday, June 17, 2010

Swap card

Our team, the INKlings, regularly have training days and at these training days we quite often exchange swap cards. The card I have to share with you today, was one that I designed for our most recent swap. I knew what I wanted to do, but was unsure of what colours to make the card with. After a quick flick through my dsp stash to see what papers I had enough of, I had three choices, and in the end I chose this paper from the Bella Rose paper pack. Here is my card. It is made using one of my favourite colour combinations, riding hood red and pirouette pink. The design is a Mojo Monday sketch from a while ago that I had saved onto my computer. Using sketches are great, as it takes all the thinking out of designing your cards.

For the white panels, I stamped the Birthday Cheer and Wishes sentiment first and then put them through the Big Shot with the perfect polka dots embossing folder. The top panel was done by punching out a 1 1/4" circle and placing it over the end of the panel. I then had to use the crop-a-dile to punch some small holes to put the ribbon through.

The cocktail glass was stamped in stazon on some whisper white card and then coloured with my blender pen and inkpads. I used the 1 1/4" circle punch to punch it out, and mounted it onto a 1 3/8" pirouette pink circle and a riding hood red scallop circle. To give it a little dimension, I stamped the umbrella again on a scrap of card, coloured it in, cut it out and then mounted it over the original with dimensionals. Here is a close up of the cocktail glass.
I should have used some crystal effects or dazzling diamonds on the glass, but as I was running out of time to get them finished, this had to do. What do you think I would love to hear your comments.

Wow I have done a good job posting this week - three posts - maybe I am back on track again - here's hoping!

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamps: Cheers to You, Cheer and Wishes
Card: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Pirouette Pink
DSP: Bella Rose
Ink: Black stazon, Riding Hood Red, Pirouette Pink, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point
Punches: Scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle
Other: Big Shot Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Crop-A-Dile, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen

No comments: