Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A very long time between posts

Well things have taken a little longer than I had planned to get back to blogging, what with moving, being sick and all the end of year Christmas stuff going on ... I just haven't had time to sit down at the computer (oh and having lost the camera cable for the past 3 weeks sure didn't help, but I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I opened a box and there it was!).

With christmas fast approaching I have been forced to do quite a bit of creating over the past week, so I have plenty of new things to show you.

The first is the cute little christmas cards we made to put on the candy canes for everyone at school and daycare (57 in total!).


They were very simple to make, but looked really effective. I just made a little 2 3/4" card and stamped the christmas tree and Merry Christmas sentiment from Season of Joy onto it. I then used the slit punch on each end of the back of the card and made a slit, which we then threaded the candy cane through (sorry I forgot to take a photo of that part). The kids then wrote their message on the inside of the front cover and voila, a cute little gift for everyone.

Here is a picture of the pile for Jessica's classmates.



Next time I will show you a card I made for Jessica's teacher using the new Holiday Lineup stamp set.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

No comments: