Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy 60th Mum

We have recently returned from a quick trip to New Zealand to spend my Mum's 60th birthday with her. We had a fantastic time, catching up with family and friends, it was just a pity that the weather was so cold and miserable.

This is the card I made for Mum.

It is a tri-shutter card. I used the Raspberry Tart paper as my starting point and then used all the matching colours to construct the card. I couldn't find a button that would match the colours of the card so I used the build a brad on the ribbon at the front, so everything matched. The design is CASE'd from one I saw on the very talented Marelle Taylor's blog.

We gave Mum a pandora bracelet and three charms for her birthday, so when I came across a picture of a fantasy box on the internet, I knew that it would be the perfect packaging for the present. This is what a fantasy box looks like.

This is the second fantasy box I have made, and while they look very complicated, I found it much easier the second time around.

If you would like to know how to make a tri-shutter card, or fantasy box, please email me.

Til next time, keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Card:
Stamps: great friend, sincere salutations
Ink: cameo coral, real red, kiwi kiss
Card: cameo coral textured 12x12 cardstock, whisper white, raspberry tart dsp
Accessories: pewter build a brad, 1/2" circle punch, kiwi kiss ribbon
Fantasy box:
Card: raspberry tart dsp, cameo coral textured 12x12 cardstock, kiwi kiss cardstock
Accessories: scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, kiwi kiss corduroy
buttons, kiwi kiss 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 9. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/