Monday, May 3, 2010

Pony Party birthday invitations and Crown cake

Finally, Jessica's birthday celebrations are over. With her birthday being during the school holidays, and me being somewhat disorganised when it came to sorting out her party, the celebrations have been stretched out over a month! However, we had her party on Sunday, and it was a fabulous day, with lots of friends, great food and some very tired children at the end of the day.

We had a look through my stamp sets and Jess picked out the pony party set for her invitations. I decided to make a gate fold card, but kept it pretty simple as I had to make 20 of them. Here it is.

Jess wanted to design the card herself and of course she wanted the card to be pink. As I was running extremely low on cardstock, we didn't have too many colours to pick from - it was regal rose or regal rose! When we were discussing what other colour to put with it she said "orange mummy, because that's your favourite colour" - bless her. So regal rose and pumpkin pie it was.

Jess knew exactly what she wanted the image on the card to look like, and when she caught me trying to add more grass, she wasn't very happy. I decided it wasn't worth the agro, so just did what she wanted me to do, it was her party invitation after all. I stamped the card base with the polka dot background stamp in versamark, then stamped the pony image in stazon and coloured it with my blender pens. A small mat of pumpkin pie and then I adhered it to the left hand side of the card. I stamped the party hat out on some scrap card, and once I had coloured it, mounted it on the pony's head with some dimensionals.

Here is a close up of the pony:

On the inside I did another sheet of whisper white card and used the stamps from the cheer and wishes set, to put the details in. Here is a picture of the inside:
We have a few children's cake books and after much deliberation Jess decided she wanted a crown cake. I had a bit of a disaster with the first cake I made, it broke into three (well disintegrated more like) when I took it out of my roasting dish, so I had to make another one before the decorating could begin. Here is a picture of the finished cake.

And one of Jess with the cake-

Well that's it from me today. I have the card I made for my new nephew to show you next time.

Thanks for stopping by.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamp Sets: Pony Party, Polka Dot background, Cheer and Wishes
Ink: Black stazon, pumpkin pie, regal rose, certainly celery
Card: Regal rose, pumpkin pie, whisper white
Accessories: blender pen, stampin' dimensionals

No comments: