Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Riley

My best friend's little boy Riley turned 2 a few weeks ago. He is a very special little boy and since we share a birthday, I had to make sure he got a very special card. They had his party at the Train shed and all the kids got to ride the Thomas the Tank Engine trains. Unfortunately his party was on during convention so I couldn't go, but Jess and Sam went and had a ball. When I found out what they were doing for his party, it didn't take long for me to decide what I wanted to do for his card. This is what I came up with. I used the Choo Choo stamp set and the people from All in the Family. The presents are from the Loads of Love Accessories stamp set. I was unsure of what colours to use, but Jess suggested tempting turquoise as it is the same colour as Thomas.

I started by using the track roller wheel and then sponged some kiwi kiss and bashful blue lightly over it to make it look like a field. I stamped the people and presents on scrap card then coloured them with my blender pens and inks and cut them out. I mounted them with dimensionals. Here is a close up of "Jess" and the presents.
I wrote Riley's name in white gel pen in the smoke to personalise the card. Here is a close up of "Sam" and the smoke. I was really happy with how it turned out and Belinda loved it.

Thanks for stopping by. Til next time.

Keep on creating.

xx Nicky

Supplies:

Stamps: Choo Choo, All in the Family, Loads of Love Accessories, It's Your Birthday, Track roller wheel
Card: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Black Stazon, Kiwi Kiss, Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey

Other: Stampin dimensionals

No comments: